When you want to decorate a room or special occasion but you don’t want or cannot use fresh flowers, you might find paper flowers perfect. Paper flowers can be made and arranged in advance which can really take the pressure off if you have other things to plan and do. Paper flowers are also great for those who are worried about little ones enjoying flowers as a snack.
Things you need:
- Tissue paper in various colours
- Pipe cleaners (green_
- Cut tissue paper into squares (12” x 12” ). They don’t need tobe cut to perfection since you will be trimming them later. Cut as well as you can an use a stencil if need be.
- Place four squares on top of one another. You can use one colour or two colours if you prefer. Combining colours can create a stunning result.
- Fold the four pieces of paper in an accordion style.
- Fold the accordion folded paper in half to find the middle.
- Tie the string around the middle and secure it in place.
- Trim the edges of the paper so that they are rounded.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the middle of the paper – over the string and remember to leave enough for the stem.
- Fluff the tissue paper out and be gentle so that you don’t tear the paper.
- Pull them up to the top and fluff until you achieve the look you want.
- Repeat as many times as you need for as many flowers as you like.
- Display using floral foam, a vase, or anything you like.
When choosing colours, you can let your imagination run wild. Tissue paper comes in various colours just like real flowers. You can experiment with plenty of different colours and colour combinations until you find the ones you love the most.